Junior High School
The Rizal Technological University is one of the schools in Mandaluyong that offers secondary education. Under the new organizational structure of the institution, Laboratory High School is now called Junior High School (RTU-JHS). RTU-JHS follows the K to 12 Program – Junior High School Curriculum of the Department of Education with a special subject, Computer, that is offered in every grade level instead being part of the TLE subjects. This subject caters to and makes the students adapt to current trends in technology.
In addition to this, JHS offers eight (8) mini-courses in TLE namely: Beauty Care, Commercial Cooking, Drafting, Dressmaking, Electrical, Electronics, Carpentry, and Shielded Metal Arc Welding. JHS is mandated by law to provide intensive secondary education programs in order to safeguard the quality of education and of the graduates of the institution. Thus, a student retention policy is implemented for strict compliance.
A leading technology-driven university responsive to the developmental needs of changing societies.
To develop globally competitive and socially responsible professionals through technology-driven instructions, innovative researches, sustainable extension programs that will enhance the lives of people in the communities.
Junior High School Goals
- Offer high quality and challenging secondary education programs responsive to a fast-changing society.
- Provide and enhance educational practices through application of active learning principle.
- Cater developmental needs of pre-service teachers as an integral part of the educative process.
- Promote excellence in instruction, research, and extension service.
- Foster mutual, trusting, and friendly campus climate.
Junior High School Objectives
- Identify trends that influence future directions of secondary education.
- Expand opportunities for students, faculty and staff to adapt to global society.
- Develop new educational partnerships and delivery systems.
- Improve assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Optimize active learning activities throughout the Laboratory High School.
- Enhance accessibility and application of instructional technologies.
- Improve facility access to students, faculty and staff for better program outcomes.
- Strengthen community partnerships through timely reliable, and relevant communication.
- Provide students particularly pre-service teachers the necessary skills to develop trusting, tolerant, personal, and professional relationships throughout life.
- Run a more cohesive high school community where people gather, learn and interact comfortably.