BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Program Educational Objectives
Within five years after graduation, the graduates of Mechanical Engineering program shall:
- Possess the knowledge and abilities to pursue positions in mechanical component and system design, installation, manufacture, testing, technical sales, maintenance, and other related fields.
- Pursue advance education, research and development, industrial training courses and other creative efforts in science and technology.
- Provide solutions and solve mechanical engineering technology related problems.
By the time of graduation, the students of the RTU BSME Program shall have the ability to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve complex mechanical engineering problems.
- Conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints, in accordance with standard.
- Function in multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex mechanical engineering problems.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- Communicate effectively.
- Understand the impact of mechanical engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and social context.
- Recognized the need for and engage in life-long learning.
- Know contemporary issues.
- Use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for computer engineering practice.
- Know and understand engineering and management principles as a member and leader of a team, and to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.