BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
Program Educational Objectives
The graduates of the RTU BSIE Program are expected to:
- Design an efficient system that integrates workers, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or provide a service.
- Successfully pursued advanced professional degrees, graduate studies in industrial engineering, professional development, or engineering certification.
- Demonstrated ongoing professional and intellectual growth as managers and leaders in Industrial Engineering, society, and their communities.
By the time of graduation, the students of the RTU BSIE Program shall have the ability to:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve complex Industrial Engineering problems.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards.
- Ability to function in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate and solve complex industrial engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of industrial engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for industrial engineering practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multi-disciplinary environments.