BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN COMPUTER ENGINEERING
Program Educational Objectives
The objectives of the program are to produce graduates who will, in 3-5 years of receiving the BSCPE degree, attain the necessary skills and abilities to:
1. Achieve a high level of technical expertise to excel in the profession;
2. Participate in self-development activities through professional study and personal research that will allow them to adopt evolving technological challenges.
3. Produce creative, analytical thinker and highly competitive graduates imbued with high sense of moral values responsive to local and global needs in accordance with standards.
By the time of graduation, the students of the RTU BSCPE Program shall have the ability to:
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve complex engineering problems.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards.
- Ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in oral and writing.
- Broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in lifelong learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice; and
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles as a member and leader in team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environment.