BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
Program Educational Objectives
The graduates of the RTU BSCE Program are expected to:
1. Achieve a high level of technical expertise to succeed in the Civil Engineering Profession;
- Involve in a lifelong learning activity such as progressive leadership in applied Research and Development studies in Engineering and Technology; and
- Engage in Professional Engineering services to effect technology transfer and assist in the development of small and medium scale industries to fully contribute to national development.
By the time of graduation, the students of the RTU BSCE Program shall have the ability to:
- apply knowledge of mathematics and science to solve complex civil engineering problems.
- design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to design a system, component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability, in accordance with standards.
- function M multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- identify, formulate, and solve complex civil engineering problems.
- understand professional and ethical responsibility.
- communicate effectively civil engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large.
- understand the impact of civil engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- use techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for civil engineering practice.
- know and understand engineering and management principles as a member and leader of a team, and to manage projects in a multidisciplinary environment.
- understand at least one specialized field of civil engineering practice.